A total of 80 anglers traveled to take part in this event. It was a pleasant evening with anglers stretched along Youghal and Redbarn Beaches.
Fishing was steady, but cod were in sort supply. At 9.00pm lines were reeled in and the anglers returned to The Walter Raleigh to tally the score cards and for the Prizegiving.
There was a total of 399 fish caught by the anglers, the species caught were Whiting, Dogfish, Painted Ray, Coalfish, Flounder, Bass, Cod, Shore Rockling, Poor Cod.
The results were as follows:
- Junior: Liam Davis 4 Fish, 115 Points
- Biggest Round: Paddy Ryan Coalfish 51 cm
- Biggest Flat: John Diamond Flounder 33 cm
- Biggest Ray: Derek Kendrick Painted Ray 86 cm
- Overall Match Winner: Joe Carley 19 Fish 742 Points
- Zone A: Jordan Muir 15 Fish 632 Points
- Zone B: Derek Kendrick 14 Fish 649 Points
- Zone C Aidan O’Halloran 17 Fish 623 Points
Irish Cod Champion 2017: Jimmy Kelly
Sea Angling Ireland SAC – Join the Club
Sea Angling Ireland SAC would like to thank the Sponsor, Henry’s Tackle Shop. We would like to also thank the Walter Raleigh Hotel for their hospitality during the weekend. We will be back in Youghal next year on December 1st for the sixth Irish Cod Championships.
Sea Angling Ireland SAC is open for membership.
Senior anglers may now apply for membership of the club for their children, grandchildren, nephews and nieces. Under 16s join as juveniles and membership is 10 euro a year.
Click here for more details.
For further details email email@example.com